The Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) have conceded that all Parent and other Family visas categories which were previously scrapped are now open to applications. From 25 September 2014, the following visa subclasses in the Family Stream of the Migration Programme are now open to new applications:
- Parent visa (subclass 103)
- Aged Parent visa (subclass 804)
- Aged Dependent Relative visa (subclasses 114 and 838)
- Remaining Relative visa (subclasses 115 and 835)
- Carer visa (subclasses 116 and 836).