This is a short stay visa for people intending to take part in workplace-based training or participate in a professional development training programme in Australia.
- be sponsored by an approved Temporary Activities Sponsor (unless your sponsor is a Commonwealth Government agency)
- be at least 18 years of age
- have functional English
- hold private health insurance
- have access to sufficient funds to support themselves in Australia
- genuinely intend to stay temporarily in Australia for the intended purpose
- meet health and character requirements
Workplace-based occupational training (not including professional development) must be for at least 30 hours a week, of which no more than 30 per cent can be classroom-based.