There are a range of visas under the General Skilled Migration program for skilled workers who have occupations required in Australia and who are not sponsored by an employer. You will need to meet 60 points in the GSM points test. You can check your points using the ISA Group points calculator.
In general, all applicants for a General Skilled Migration visa need to be able to meet the following criteria.
Submit an Expression of Interest.
- Have an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupations list.
- Have a suitable skills assessment for that occupation.
- Be less than 50 years of age when the invitation is issued.
- Have completed a skills assessment and/or a job ready program.
- Meet the English language requirement.
Be able to score at least 60 on the points test.
Skill Select is an online service that enables skilled workers interested in migrating to Australia to record their details to be considered for a skilled visa through an Expression of Interest (EOI). Intending migrants can then be found and nominated for skilled visas by Australian employers or state and territory governments, or they may be invited by the Australian Government to lodge a visa application.
All intending migrants interested in the points based skilled migration visa programs will be required to submit an EOI and receive an invitation in order to lodge a visa application.
If you want to migrate to Australia as a skilled migrant and you have the skills Australia needs, ISA Group can assist you with your lodgement of EOI in Skill Select to commence your migration process.
An ISA Group Migration Agent can provide information regarding the following visas.
- Subclass 189 Skilled – Independent (Permanent)
- Subclass 190 Skilled – Nominated (Permanent)
- Subclass 489 Skilled – Regional Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional)
- Subclass 132 Business Talent (Permanent)
- Subclass 188 Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional)
Skilled Graduate Visa
Depending on the qualification obtained and demand for the occupation studied, overseas students may have the option to apply for an independent skilled visa.
Students may be eligible for a Skilled Graduate (temporary) visa that will allow them to remain in Australia for up to 18 months to gain skilled work experience or to improve their English language skills. Holders of this visa can apply for permanent residence at any time once they are able to meet the eligibility requirements of the general skilled migration program.
For a free assessment of your eligibility to remain in Australia, please fill in the box or email your CV and your date of birth to firstname.lastname@example.org