Australian businesses can sponsor workers from overseas or who are in Australia on a temporary basis. Here are some visa options available:
- Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (subclass 457)- this is the most common visa used to employ temporary overseas skilled workers in Australia. It can be used by Australian and overseas companies and enables a business to employ overseas workers to fill nominated skilled positions in Australia for periods from three months up to four years.
- Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)– this is a permanent visa that requires nomination by an approved Australian employer. The applicant needs to show a higher level of skill than for a 457 visa.
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187)– this is a permanent visa that requires nomination by an approved Australian employer for a job in regional Australia. The nominated employee must remain in the employment within 2 years of obtaining the visa.
- Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa (subclass 400)– this is a short term visa for people who want to travel to Australia to do highly specialised, non-ongoing work.
- Training visa (subclass 407)– this is for people working as an occupational trainee or as part of a professional development program in Australia
Get a FREE Visa Assessment
With over 20 years experience helping people move to Australia, we give you the comfort to know that you are being looked after.