This visa is a permanent residence visa for skilled workers. It allows you to work in Australia under one of three streams:
- Temporary Residence Transition stream – this is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked with the employer on a 457 visa for at least 2 years before the nomination is made. No skills assessment is required for this stream.
- Direct Entry stream – this is for people who have been nominated by an Australian employer to work in Australia. The applicant will need to provide a formal skills assessment in their occupation, and show that they have at least 3 years of work experience.
- Agreement stream – this is for people sponsored by an employer through a negotiated formal labour agreement.
- be nominated by an approved Australian employer
- are under 50 years of age, if you are applying under the Temporary Residence stream, or are under 45 years of age if you are applying under the Direct Entry stream
- meet the skills, qualifications and English language requirements of the position
- meet the other requirements of one of the streams of this visa.